Search This Blog

Monday, June 27, 2011

Method #9

Chat is a great way to communicate directly and quickly with friends and associates.  It can get difficult if you are trying to do something else while someone is IMing you.  It seems as though you are constantly having to stop what you are doing and answer the message. 
In my job as a high school librarian, it would have been very helpful to use a chat with students while they were doing research.  There were several times when I was guiding students through steps and varying search terms to help them get to the journal articles they needed for their projects.  We were emailing so fast and furiously that it seemed as though we were chating.  A chat on the website would have saved us all some time. 
I am not sure how I would use chat or IM in the elementary setting, but I will be looking for opportunities to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment